The nutrients are those that provide the body with nutrients, vitamins, calories and other components necessary for optimum performance throughout the day. It is important to include healthy foods in the daily diet of the little ones.
If children learn to eat well, when they are older they will be healthier and have a lower risk of developing diseases such as obesity, diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
It is important to awaken the children’s curiosity towards the most nutritious foods by presenting the dishes in an original and fun way to get their attention. You have to offer a wide variety of healthy foods so you do not get bored of eating the same thing. So if you want to intake healthy food then subway food is best option. Below are few facts about subway food nutrition.
Subway Food Items and Their Nutrition Facts
- Tuna Sub: It contains 482 calories, 40.6 g of carbohydrates and 26.4 g of proteins. It’s 90% fat free.
- Chicken Ham Sub: It gives 299 calories, 38.2g carbohydrates, and 27.5g proteins to body
- Subway Club: This food has 342 calories, 39.9g carbohydrates and 31.7g proteins.
Avocado, rich in good fats
Avocado has a high content of monounsaturated fats, known as good fats that help reduce bad cholesterol.
It is a great source of soluble fiber that helps stabilize blood sugar.
Rich in vitamin E, which protects from free radicals. These are harmful molecules that enter the body through substances such as sunlight or pollution.
It contains vitamin D, which is necessary to absorb calcium and phosphorus. So, that makes children strengthen their bones and teeth.
The babies from 6 months can also start eating avocado. On the other hand, it is worthwhile to inquire your pediatrician in advance; this will offer you the essential recommendations to begin complementary feeding.
The avocado is an easy and quick food to prepare, since it does not take cooking. You can eat it raw, in salads, with other fruits or else, spread it on a slice of bread. It is recommended to use it immediately after cutting it as it oxidizes quickly and turns black.
Blueberries, high nutritional value
- Cranberries have a high nutritional value:
- Rich in fiber, which helps the child, have proper digestion.
- Antioxidant power that protects children from free radicals.
- They contain flavonoids that enhance memory and improve learning, so they are perfect for school children who face new information every day.
- Rich in potassium, which allows the child to stay hydrated and recover electrolytes that are lost with sweating.
Oats, healthy energy
- Oatmeal is a cereal rich in fiber and provides slow-absorbing carbohydrates .
- Children should consume oats with caution, especially oatmeal, as these contain a lot of fiber.
- It is advisable to introduce oats in the child’s diet after one year of age. It should start with very small quantities and well cooked.
- Oats can be combined with other foods such as milk, yogurt and fruits. It is a very nutritious food, but it should be taken in a moderate way.
- It can also be eaten as a dessert or snack. Some children do not like the texture of oats, so a good way to eat this nutritious food is preparing delicious cookies. If you want to know how to make them, here is the recipe for oatmeal cookies that you share with us Diana, from Baby Mink.